Monday, June 23, 2008

Pesto Tortellini Pasta Salad

Kerry is the one who reminded me of this simple and easy favorite. Pasta with pesto is one of my favorites and the addition of raw veggies really makes this perfect for a summer dinner. I have yet to get a food processor, and when I do, I will be making my own pesto from scratch - in the meantime, I use Knorr's pesto mix and it works well.

1 lg package or 2 small packages fresh tortellini (I use three-cheese)
1 pkg Knorr pesto or creamy pesto
veggies - chopped - whatever you like (I used shallots, green onion, black olives, mushrooms, che.rry tomatoes, tri-colored peppers)
basil, oregano, salt & pepper to taste
block of mozzarella, cubed

Boil water - prepare tortellini. Draini and shock immediately with cold water. Contine to drain.

In saucepan, prepare pesto according to directions. Allow to simmer.

When tortelli is cooled, mix with remaining ingredients, except for the cheese. Chill several hours or overnight. Add cheese prior to serving.



0 comments: